During my third and last year of CG class at ESRA Bretagne, I realised a short film of a little more than 5 minutes 30 with a team of eight students. This project began in September, 2009 and a first version of the movie was shown on July 13th, 2010 at the end of a phase of production of 5 months. Welcomed well by his first spectators, the movie was selected for the 20th Sequence short-film festival (Toulouse), the 4th Croq’Anime festival (Paris) and the DVD 2011 of the ESRA group.
You will find below an outline of my work on this project.
- Various graphic researches, in particular on the sawmill and its surroundings.
- Lumberjack modeling.
- Lumberjack’s chainsaw modeling (with James Beal).
- Three movie characters texturing.
- Lumberjack’s chainsaw texturing.
- Various sawmill machines texturing.
- Lumberjack’s room and props texturing.
- Lumberjack’s room lighting.
- Addition of a Z-Depth pass on the majority of the shots of the film.
- Original idea.
- Editing, credits.
- Texturing of the squirrel and the tree.
- Modeling and texturing of fir trees.
Realised by James Beal, Romain Boncens, Guillaume Bourbouac, Thibaut Breton, Mathilde Coulebaud, Ségolène Morisset, Auriane Prédour and Bastien Vilaseca.
Dubbing by Eric Lichou.
Music by Jérôme André, Lionel Priser, Emmanuel Romeur, Thomas Bouetel, Erwann Le Fichant and Gaëtan Bernard.
Sound Design by Edouard Bourcy, François-Xavier Couillard, Arnaud De La Celle and Gildas Gaboriau.
Softwares used: Maya 2010 with Mental Ray, Photoshop CS4 and After Effects CS4.